We at The Virtual Run Challenge has set up the Aussie Wildlife Rescue Virtual Run to help raise funds to help the WIRES, a wildlife rescue offering national support to groups working with affected wildlife. For this event we will be donating 100% of the proceeds generated.
Australia’s devestating bushfire crisis is the worst wildfires seen in decades, caused by sever drought, high winds, and extreme heat. Current the totals are approximately 17.million acres have already burned. Also affected are the vast numbers of devastation to Australia’s wildlife. It is estimated that the number of affected animals could reach one billion. Animals like the Koloa have lost over a third of their habitat.
How to Complete:
- Signup for the Aussie Wildlife Rescue Virtual 5k Run.
- Once you are signed up the official event date will be March 15, 2020 – April 18th, 2020 although you may complete before the event start date.
- When you have completed your distance please submit you results via The Virtual Run Challenge Results Page
- Aussie Wildlife Rescue Finisher Medals will start being sent around March 15th.
- Encourage your friends, family, even co-workers to register. Remember to share this event by tagging @virtualrunchallenge and #AussieWildlifeRescueRun
- Join the Official Virtual Run Challenge Facebook Group.